Wednesday, December 12, 2012

THE SOCIALITE PROFILES AT MODERN SOCIALITE!!!



Ania Basak
Marital status : married
Occupation:  CEO of Fashion Calgary  and Founder of ABStyle
Image Consultant/Personal Shopping Assistant
Makeup Artist/Giorgio Armani/YSL/Guerlain Beauty Advisor

Bio
Born in Poland, Europe.
Dedicated her young life to studying, receiving few scholarships-also from Prime Minister in Poland, graduating MBA at Law & Administration Department at A. Mickiewicz University/Poland.
She decided to follow her passion and became professional Fashion Stylist&Makeup Artist after graduating Maestro Image Academy in Poland, held by the International Champion of Makeup&Style – Olaf Tabaczynski.
Pianist – graduating 1st & 2nd degree of Music School, back in Europe.
Writer/ Media Correspondent between North America & Europe.
Moved to Canada in 2007 – directly to Calgary where she married one of the top photographers in Western Canada – Rafal Wegiel.
Currently focusing on her work at Fashion Calgary & ABStyle, where she wants to help developing cultural scene within Calgary as well as nationwide.



Questions
1. What is your tv guilty pleasure?
- Hmm…I don’t think I feel guilty while watching TV as I probably watch it only once a week or so- because I don’t have time. But if I can choose what I want to watch – it is either Food Network (I love baking-more than cooking) or DVD music concerts ( my favourite is Andrea Boccelli&David Foster). There is nothing better than relaxing while watching&listening to the music in TV & drinking glass of prosecco.
2. Song you can’t get out of your head
I don’t have one – I love music too much to sing only one song in my head. Besides, every day is different and it also depends on my mood
3. Your favourite site on the web
Again – I love exploring things-so it would be too boring if I have only one favourite website.
4. Most used Social Media
Definitely – Facebook, although I would like to get more focused on Twitter as I am aware that it became more powerful social media tool.
5. Name a Calgarian that you admire and tell us why
There is many Calgarians who I admire. Mostly, I admire people who changes our community for better. And at  the same time, they keep remaining the same people even if they reached the top level of power & recognition.
6. What did you used to have,t hat you are happier without?
People who claims to be your Friends – I call them “friends of convenience” and when you turn back – they would do everything to destroy you.
7. If we could grant you one wish, what would you ask for?
One of my biggest wish would be to have my brother back in our Family..I miss him a lot after he passed away over 8 years ago.
8. Calgary has grown significantly over the last 10 years, what challenges does that pose?
I am happy that Calgary is still growing – but I think traffic became a significant challenge in our city. It would be nice to have more communication roads-not only for cars-but also for biking & walking. I wish there were more walking distance paths within our city – like in Europe.
Also, I think Calgary should re-think parking idea – downtown should get more attention and should be more easy to explore – but with, f.e. such an expensive parking rates– it is impossible to do anything during the day in the heart of our city. One of my biggest dream is to create more artistic/cultural places that would offer entertaining not only during the weekends.
9. Tell us something that most people would be surprised to learn about you
hmmm….Being involved with social scene in our city – I am not sure if there something I could surprise other people with. I love baking(although I don’t eat it – so I share it with Friends & my neighbours) – it is one of the most relaxing things for me, beside spending time with my loved ones, of course.
10. Last event you attended, event are you looking forward to and which one has been your favourite this year.
There is so many events happening throughout the year in Calgary. But I could name few – Bill Brooks Prostate Cancer Benefit, Hair Wars 2012 (Calgary was the only one city within Canada for this hair show), and 2012 Fashion Calgary Portrait Campaign, which might sound selfish, but because I spent 8 months of my life this year working on the campaign itself and getting ready for the gala event – I treated it as my “baby”
11. If you could be an animal, which animal would you like to be and why?
I think I would like to be a lion – one of the key species who’s face is one of the most widely recognized animal symbols in human culture. It is also one of the fastest animal on earth and one of the leaders among other African species. Plus, my zodiac sign is Leo
12. What is the most important lesson you’ve learned in life?
Life is so precious….I realized it after I lost my brother within 5 minutes..But to be honest – I keep forgetting it. We should enjoy every moment of our life and be grateful of what we receive every day…
People are so busy these days – I wish we could use work only as a tool to cherish life more…But for some of us – it is priority, unfortunately…
13.  Describe your fashion style and tell us who is your fashion icon?
I love style of simple elegance – classy with a hint of sophistication. Uniqueness.
There is too many people within fashion industry that I admire – Valentino, Coco Chanel, Grace Kelly are only three of few others I take my fashion inspiration from.
14.  If you won $1 million tomorrow, what would you do with the money?
Hmm… I would definitely share it with my Family & Friends as well as I would love to explore the most unique places on earth.
15.  What is your ultimate dream vacation?
Being surrounded be people I love in place, that is relaxing for both body & soul.
16. You lifetime motto:
Treat people the same way you would like to be treated…..and think “Karma” – when you give – it comes back…..
Find Ania
Facebook – Fashion Calgary
You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment